Signs That Your Relationship Is Over
For many of us, there comes a time when we must admit that our relationship has become toxic.
It is not working and it is causing more harm than good. Here are some signs that you should acknowledge that your relationship could be coming to an end:
1. You and your partner have stopped having sex.
sex is the glue that holds a relationship together; if you have stopped having it or it has become infrequent, this could be an indication that your relationship is under threat.
2. You criticize each other frequently.
If you find yourself below the hitting belt and making harmful comments about your partner’s appearance or character, this could be a sign that you are beginning to resent your partner.
3. You have stopped forgiving each other for the small things.
It is easier to withhold forgiveness than it is to give it, and if you find yourself unable to let go of past offenses, this could be a sign that you are choosing not to forgive your partner; which could be a sign that you are beginning to resent your own partner.
4. Feelings are deteriorating.
If you have stopped feeling about your relationship, and the idea of spending time together has lost its appeal for you, this could mean that it is coming to an end. It takes a lot of effort to keep passions burning in long
5. One of you has a secret phone that the other doesn’t know about.
If you have a phone that your significant other does not know about, this could be a sign that you are not as committed to the relationship as you profess. The only way they will find out about it is if their name comes up in your messages or calls, but by then it may be too late.
6. You don’t agree on money.
You should be able to agree on the important things like finances; if you can’t, there may be a problem brewing in this area that could have serious repercussions.
7. One of you is not contributing as much as the other to the relationship.
If one person isn’t pulling their weight when it comes to maintaining the relationship, it is either going to fall apart or one person is going to resent the other for not doing enough.
8. One of you doesn’t want children and the other does.
There comes a time when everyone must make a decision about having children; if you are at cross purposes on this issue, then there may be no hope
9. You’re always fighting, even though it’s not about anything specific.
If you find yourself fighting with your partner, yet cannot figure out why this could be a sign that the relationship is not healthy.
10. You regularly get cheating on each other.
Cheating in any of its forms (emotional or physical) destroys trust, and if you have broken each other’s trust in this way, it
11. Neither of you is happy anymore.
The purpose of a relationship is to bring joy into your life, and if you no longer get joy from it, this could be a sign that the relationship is doomed.
12. You feel like you are in a trap with no way out.
If there really is no way out, then you will have to make changes to improve the relationship and make room for the things that you want to do. But if there is a way out, then it could be time to start looking for it.
13. You always feel like you are short-changed. If one person always gets more than others or feels like they are being taken advantage of in other ways, this could create resentment over time.
14. You have vented your frustrations at the person you love most.
If you have taken your frustration out on the other person, this could be a sign of losing respect and affection for them. Resentment can easily build up when one is not feeling loved or appreciated by another.
15. Your partner has been spending time with someone else without telling you
16. One of you is always trying to change the other person, but it never works.
17. One of you has become more emotionally distant while the other is becoming needier
18. You’ve noticed that your partner no longer tries to please you or make an effort to be with you.
19. Your relationship is starting to feel one-sided and lopsided in terms of who’s giving all the time, energy, effort, and money.
20. You often have little or no privacy.
21. Your partner doesn’t introduce you to their family and friends anymore.
22. One of you is always being treated better than the other, without any clear reason why (e.g., one of you makes more money)
23. He or she never seems to be home when you call.
24. Your partner’s voice sounds different over the phone – even if they are your best friend, it is difficult to tell whether he or she really sound happy or excited to hear from you.
25. The number of calls decreases/ increases between you and your partner, but the tone of voice remains the same.
It is as if he or she is talking to you from a distance and on autopilot, while their mind was somewhere else entirely
26. Your partner’s voice does not seem to have the same energy in it anymore, and/or there are long pauses during conversations. They may sound distracted or tired
27. You do not ask questions or share information about your day during the conversation because it just seems like an unnecessary part of the call.
In other words, he or she does not seem interested in where you are, what you have been doing, how
28. One of you is always in a bad mood, even when they are with the person they love
29. Your partner is no longer doing the things that he or she promised to do (e.g., showing an interest in your life).
30. One of you feels as if they are being left out of important decisions, or that their feelings aren’t being considered
31. Your partner rarely shows interest in you, and when he or she does it may feel as if he or she is doing it just to appease you
32. One of you feels like his or her sexual needs are not being met anymore.
33.You are no longer able to bring your partner up in conversation.
If you cannot discuss anything positive about them, then it’s likely that your relationship has run its course and should end.
34.Your feelings of negativity toward them have not been quelled by talking positively about their good qualities. This is a sign that you don’t want to be with them.
35.You have become more invested in their friends than your own, or you believe you are already part of the family.
You want to keep being around them even when they’re not around, and this is a sign that things might not work out between you two as lovers.
36.Your partner has offered to leave you, and no matter how much you argue against it or try to convince them otherwise that things will get better, they have insisted on leaving you. They want nothing more than to move out of the house.
37.Your partner has given up asking about your wants and needs in the relationship, as well as their own feelings around the relationship.
38.Your partner has stopped doing things for you, such as going out of their way to do nice things just to ensure that you’re well-cared for and happy, even if they are not necessarily those things that make them feel good.
If your partner is no longer thinking about you, this could be a sign that they no longer want to be with you.
39.They have been having a lot of stress, and begin to act out in ways that are not healthy for their relationships, such as using drugs or alcohol, lying frequently, making decisions that could harm their family or financial situation.
These are all red flags to their desire and need to start over as a single person.
40.Your partner is no longer affectionate with you or shows any interest to be sexually intimate with you.
If these things have slowed down due to your different schedules, but they are not coming back even when the pressure has been relieved, this could be a sign that your relationship is on its last legs.
Unless you and your partner have conscientiously worked on these issues, then your relationship is probably unhealthy and will not last. If you are experiencing
conclusion: Signs That Your Relationship Is Over
We hope this article has helped you figure out some of the signs that your relationship is over.
It can be hard to tell when a relationship is in trouble, but if there are any red flags then it’s time to talk and start working things through together.
Remember, every couple fights at times – we’re all human! If you have questions or comments about anything from our blog post on signs that your relationship is ending please let us know below in the comment section. Thanks for reading!